A few important rules
1. Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.
2. Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.
3. It's always better to be down here wishing you were up there,
Than up there wishing you were down here.
4. The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
5. When in doubt, hold on to your altitude.
No one has ever collided with the sky.
6. A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away.
A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the plane again.
7. Learn from the mistakes of others.
You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
8. Always try to keep the number of landings you make
Equal to the number of take offs you've made.
9. There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing.
Unfortunately no one knows what they are.
10. You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience.
The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you
Empty the bag of luck.
11. Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately,
The experience usually comes from bad judgment.
12. It's always a good idea to keep the pointy end going
Forward as much as possible.
13. Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.
14. Remember, gravity is not just a good idea. It's the law.
And it'snot subject to repeal.
15. The three most useless things to a pilot are the altitude
Above you, runway behind you and a tenth of a second ago.
16. There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. There are,
however, no old bold pilots.